Growing conference and tradeshow company is seeking a Sales & Exhibits Manager to market and sell sponsorships, exhibits and advertising opportunities. This is a contractor position with an opportunity to become full time, permanent as we grow. The position works from home and must have the appropriate office space, computer, phone and motivational skills to do so. Candidates must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Five-years of experience in conference, tradeshow, hosted buyer events or media sales required. With overall responsibility for promoting and directing the exhibits and sponsorship program to meet revenue goals, this role requires a strategic thinker with the ability to sell and manage the full life cycle process to include; prospecting, sales, communications, marketing, fulfillment, administration and registration. The role requires someone that is self-directed, goal-oriented with the ability to work creatively and collaboratively with colleagues in a deadline driven environment.
Send resume and three industry references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain business relationships for continued sales and growth with exhibitors, sponsors and other revenue producing opportunities.
- Manage the entire business life cycle from marketing, sales, sponsor fulfillment, execution, communication, and follow up, working collaboratively with the Meetings staff and other relevant staff.
- Coordinate marketing efforts and communications to develop exhibits/sponsor packages and other related materials.
- Research new clients to ensure expansive pipeline of new clients.
- Manage and enhance established exhibit/sponsor guidelines, timetables and communications.
- Serve as lead point of contact for all exhibitors/sponsors. Work closely with Meeting Manager and other staff to ensure exhibitor onsite logistics and expectations are met. Also ensure that sponsor benefits are delivered.
- Maintain records for exhibitors/sponsors in ACT database to include historical data, preferences, sales comparison and reports.
- Close sales and simultaneously work to effectively meet goals for current and future events with a creative approach to new sources of revenue.
- Maintain exhibit and sponsor pages on meeting web site.
- Work on exhibitor/sponsor retention sales strategies and plans.
- Develop surveys to measure satisfaction and gain input from exhibitors and sponsors on additional missed opportunities.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or applicable area
- Five or more years’ experience in exhibit, sponsor and/or ad sales, preferably for a conference, tradeshow or publishing company
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail.
- Must maintain a positive, friendly professional attitude with a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of current trends in the conference industry.
- Ability to organize, manage and meet deadlines with simultaneous deliverables in a virtual workplace.
- Strong computer skills to include database management and CRM software (ACT preferred). Ability to use advanced computer functions to produce reports and spreadsheets using database and Excel.
- Strong networking and partnership skills.
- Comfort working in an environment of change, re-engineering and continuous improvement.
- Utilize strong negotiation skills and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial, big picture thinker with a proven track record of expanding business.
- Flexibility to travel 2-3 times a year as required